UK Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently had 2 injectors shoot out the engine while driving, it damaged the rocker cover seals, so replaced rocker cover and injector seals and cleaned all up etc.

After all sorted I tried to start car, it failed and glow plug light was flashing, turned out to be injector 3, replaced that, coded it in and now glow plug light is not flashing and no error.

I've since replaced the return/leak off lines, the fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter in an attempt to get her started..

I've read https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/threads/1-6-tdi-fuel-filter-repaced-but-not-starting-help.19299/ and bled system using a bleed tool with my air compressor, also bled several times using VCDS. My best result was removing return from hpfp line from fuel filter, blanking that on filter and attaching bleed tool to that, after that I bled from the return to engine outlet on filter and got lots of air.

The problem now is I can get the car started using brake cleaner or quick start occasionally, after about 5 seconds of running a loud knocking / tapping starts, its not the engine / bottom end though.. then after a total of about 10 seconds a lot of smoke starts coming out the exhaust, like over fueling smoke and evidence of diesel in exhaust.. at this point I take my foot off the throttle and the car dies again and doesn't start again.. at first I was only getting minimum pressure not reached error on vcds, but on my most recent attempt I got an error about injectors group A...

Supply voltage for fuel injector group a. Open circuit. P2146

High Pressure Fuel Rail. Minimum pressure not reached. P00C6

LPFP in tank works fine, and when I open fuel line to an injector and crank, fuel sprays out..

I can't figure this one out I'm completely lost now, I feel like I've tried everything I can think of and done hours of research and had friends have a look for me.. any help or advice would be really appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I missed this, do you still need help?
No worries, yes lol.

Since my post I've replaced the high pressure fuel pump, and obviously the timing belt and waterpump.. but STILL no start.. the only error showing now is

10119 - High pressure fuel rail, P00C6 - Minimum pressure not reached

·
Registered
13 Posts
No worries, yes lol.

Since my post I've replaced the high pressure fuel pump, and obviously the timing belt and waterpump.. but STILL no start.. the only error showing now is

Hi have you had any luck on resolving yet?
hello Friend !
I am experiencing the same problem, I wonder if you did solve the problem!? and if yes guide me please out of this problem too. Thank you in advance. Max/Sweden

·
Registered
13 Posts
No worries, yes lol.

Hi have you had any luck on resolving yet?
Hello Friend !
I am experiencing the same problem, I wonder if you did solve the problem!? and if yes guide me please out of this problem too. Thank you in advance. Max/Sweden

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I recently had 2 injectors shoot out the engine while driving, it damaged the rocker cover seals, so replaced rocker cover and injector seals and cleaned all up etc.

After all sorted I tried to start car, it failed and glow plug light was flashing, turned out to be injector 3, replaced that, coded it in and now glow plug light is not flashing and no error.

I've since replaced the return/leak off lines, the fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter in an attempt to get her started..

I've read https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/threads/1-6-tdi-fuel-filter-repaced-but-not-starting-help.19299/ and bled system using a bleed tool with my air compressor, also bled several times using VCDS. My best result was removing return from hpfp line from fuel filter, blanking that on filter and attaching bleed tool to that, after that I bled from the return to engine outlet on filter and got lots of air.

The problem now is I can get the car started using brake cleaner or quick start occasionally, after about 5 seconds of running a loud knocking / tapping starts, its not the engine / bottom end though.. then after a total of about 10 seconds a lot of smoke starts coming out the exhaust, like over fueling smoke and evidence of diesel in exhaust.. at this point I take my foot off the throttle and the car dies again and doesn't start again.. at first I was only getting minimum pressure not reached error on vcds, but on my most recent attempt I got an error about injectors group A...

Supply voltage for fuel injector group a. Open circuit. P2146

High Pressure Fuel Rail. Minimum pressure not reached. P00C6

LPFP in tank works fine, and when I open fuel line to an injector and crank, fuel sprays out..

I can't figure this one out I'm completely lost now, I feel like I've tried everything I can think of and done hours of research and had friends have a look for me.. any help or advice would be really appreciated, thank you.
Hello Friend !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Friend !
The problem was an injector, although it seemed like it really wasn't an injector it was, I finally discovered this using vcds and viewing measuring blocks and saw one injector WAY out, I replaced that, still didn't work.. then I did a leak off test and noticed one injector was just pumping excessive diesel out during cranking, this was the cause of low fuel pressure, replaced this injector and it worked.

Now on 239k miles and aside from my alternator needing replacing a couple weeks ago, cars running like a dream again.

·
Administrator
32,476 Posts
You should see them when they go on the Audi TDI V6, takes out the complete fuel rail... ignore the tick tick tick at your peril.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now i noticed i got no power +12 in any of the injectors harnesses. I wonder where is the source that supplies the power!? if it is not directly ECU, and is there any fuses or relay which could be blown!? I checked the fuse box in the engine compartment and all fuses are Ok. any advice would be highly appreciated.

·
Administrator
32,476 Posts
The injectors are power and earth driven by the ECU at 5 volts, you can't test them this way, if the ECU detects no injector is plugged in, it shuts down the circuit. Post a full care code read using VCDS and include the VIN

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for the info. Now i will check it when the injectors are connected. The car does not start after an injector jump out because of the broken holding bolt, Now the problem with refitting the injector is done but the car does not start,(it starts for a few seconds with gas fumes) The code i received is P00C600.
Unfortunately, i do not have access to a VCDS, I used Autocom to sort out the problems and i received this code after cranking and trying to start.
I thank you for your time and effort.
VIN: WVWZZZ1KZCW037207

·
Administrator
32,476 Posts
10119 (P00C6) - High Pressure Fuel Rail - Minimum Pressure Not Reached, Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Did you run the in tank fuel pup until you could hear no bubbles before you tried to start the engine?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to jump on the post but I am having similar issues with my 1.6 tdi polo

so it all started I was driving home and the glow plug light started flashing so I pulled over. Plugged my scanner in and was getting the P00C6 code and I think it was 10019 or something as well. After quite a few cranks it started again and I managed to get it home and the codes were gone. Now every time I go to start it, it takes about 1-2 minutes of cranking and it will start and idle (although very rough sometimes). I can drive it steadily for about a mile or so before the same problem occurs. Now Ive taken it to my local garage and he has checked pretty much everything, the LPFP, the HPFP and checked the injectors which all apparently all tested okay and in tolerance.I also have changed the LPFP, the filter and now the rail with both sensors and still having the same issue. My mechanic also said when he got it started there is no codes or anything showing a fault its not until you drive it at any speed you find the issue. I mean to me when driving it feels like its loosing pressure as there is less and less power until it goes into limp mode (glow plug flashing) or just completely cuts out. Also I have checked and haven’t found and small bits of metal or anything in the fuel system. Can I now determine its the HPFP even though it has been checked or is anyone else thinking like me it must be the injector(s). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Me and my mechanic are just so confused especially because it is an intermittent problem! 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Administrator
32,476 Posts
The injectors and the HPFP on the CAYB/C engine are very troublesome. I don't know how they checked your injectors as you can't and if the glow plug light is flashing, there are codes it is just that the generic scanners don't pick them up. When you chnaged the fuel filter, how long did you have to crank it before it started?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts