UK Volkswagen Forum banner

1.8t GTI

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Crasher 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I am currently driving an MG ZR+ [120] 1.8

It's okay, but I really want more!

I have my M.O.T in december which is should pass on with few advisories, if any.

Then I will be looking to sell and put the money towards a Golf.
(This is also the time where I get my work bonus!)

I am 21 with 4 years "named driver" no claims bonus (equals same as about 1 year proper NCB)

I am looking at the 1.8t GTI [180] as this is not much more on the insurance as what I'm paying at the moment

Reason for this car: I want a petrol turbo..

Anyone have any facts, or anything about the GTI T that I need to wary about when looking for one?

I want a car that I can put my mark on, I'd prefer to spend a little more money for a "more stock" car, than saving money as the car has had bits done to it.

Any advise would be grateful!

See less See more
#2 ·
The only UK model to get the 180PS AUQ engine was the Golf 4 Anniversary which is rare and commands a premium. If you would consider virtually the same running gear in a different body there is the Leon Cupra/VT which was the same as the Anni but without vented rear rear discs and the Mk1 Octavia VRS which had the vented rear discs but did without the six speed box. It is worth remembering that the only difference between the 150PS AUM engine and the 180PS AUQ engine is the mapping of the ECU and both will remap to over 200PS very easily.

#3 ·
Thanks!

I still can't find many 150 golf's ??

I have had a look at the Leon Cupra - thanks for letting me know.. As it has the same bhp but apparently higher top speed

Octavia VRS seems a little more expensive and I like hatchbacks for now - Nice car though!

Is the 150ps still a 1.8t or??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.