13 plate golf gtd

keithymason

Hi everyone have a 13 plate golf gtd , have issue with the heating system when down to LOW passenger side is cold through the window vent and middle dash vent but drivers side is hot through both vents any ideas the cause of this cheers

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, g is near v on the keyboard

It is a Golf 7 (type 5G1 88X to be nerdy) and though built in May 13, it is a 2014 model year car. These cars have electronically controlled heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) which uses stepper motors with position feedback so a VAG group specific code read should indicate what is wrong

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the motor is faulty, we did one in our workshops a few weeks ago and there was a lot of swearing involved, it is very difficult to get at.

keithymason

Thanks so can u tell me what it is I’m looking for as I’m not sure what it is I would need to order or do u know ref numbers for the parts cheers

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
It is not as simple as that, there are two different makes of heater box that can be fitted, Valeo or Denso. As it has failed, in my experience it will be Valeo and I get the new updated part number as 5WA 898 511 and these are £96.19 from VW but it is best to take the old one out first.