2.0tdi crafter misfiring and hunting when warm

Mattayres 6679

I have a 2013 crafter surging and the nearly and staling also misfiring and knocking when warm it has low fuel pressure code on ecu.
Garage i take it to believed it was injector related so had them tested . ended up having to have 4 new ones the problem went away for about a week then noticed surging steady getting worse over the next week till it was back to how it was before injectors replacement .van has 137k on clock. garage has had it back three time no charge after changing fuel filter . anyone had the same thing if so please advise .thank.

Mattayres 6679

Garage supplied them at a cost of 230 each for brand new one from the same place that tested the old ones went back and asked if codes could be incorrect he had it and checked the constant knocking has stopped since these were replaced now at idle van revs up and down to the point we're it nearly cutts our .when I start it thirst thing in the morning has a big jolt before it turns over had egr and timing belt change about 30k ago.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
That suggests an injector problem and £250 is too cheap for new but about right for a Bosch exchange unit trade plus VAT. You need to find out more about them plus have them check the IMA coding and the rail pressure.

Mattayres 6679

Just had van cutout coil.light flashing engine management light on limp mode code are
P0087 low fuel pressure
P0088. High fuel pressure
P0191 inplausable signal open circuit
Green flag guy think it is rail pressure sensor as to high and to low don't normally go with failing fuel pump does any body have idea .thanks

Mattayres 6679

My thinking is garage should have tried sensor first as this low pressure code has been ongoing since I had timing belt problems last year green flag guy said bad pressure to injector can damage them over time which could have resulted the problems I have had with mine . Garage has good reputation but that seem to have gone expensive first cheeper last with this.