2007 caddy sdi wont start in the morning !!!!

hilton666

please help i have a 2007 caddy sdi .... once left for a long period of time it takes a long time to start ,,every morning is a bitch to start ,but once the van is warm its ok ?? any suggestions ?? i have changed glowplugs and engine temp sensor ??

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
VWwelcome.gif

You need your motor scanning for any error code logged in the ecu.

You may have changed the glow plugs but the harnesses do go faulty.

If you disconnect the coolant temperature sensor that will force a 20 second glow period but it might produce an error code.

Check for air leaks in the fuel system.

Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking everytime, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f26/adding-your-car-spec-5119.html

Options Sticker and Engine Codes

hilton666

hi thanks .. ivr pluged my van in and no error codes at all ... i i dont have any air leaks .. ivr had this issue for some time now .. duing my nut ! ive gone over the van ... still no joy ?

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well there are only two reasons why a diesel won't start, lack of heat and lack of fuel, (providing the timing belt hasn't broken).

So further investigation is needed if you have no error codes, check out the harness.