2008 Caddy 1.6 Maxi

jeffic

Who can tell me what the reservoir is for with the green lid, the one next to the coolant reservoir? I need to top it up and have no idea what it is? Is the steering electric or hydraulic?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
That is the power steering fluid reservoir. Even though the Caddy 2K is PQ35 platform like the Golf 5, some came with conventional engine driven hydraulic power steering, the fluid is green mineral fluid... what I call Citroen blood.

jeffic

Hi Crasher,
Thanks for your reply. The reason why I asked is that when I went in to my local auto store here in Australia and they did a search on their computer and there was no reference to this vehicle having hydraulic steering .
So you are pretty sure that it has hydraulic steering and not electric?
Do most caddys have electric steering and why did they make this model hydraulic?

Just need clarification. Thank you very much for your time taken to respond.

jeffic

What type of steering fluid is required? What other type of VW car requires the same steering fluid? So it would be easier to look up on the system?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Your van is a Polish built right hand drive version with PR-1N1 hydraulic power steering so uses a fluid which complies with any of the following specs

CHF 11-S
Citroen Fluide LDS
Ford WSS-M2C204-A
GM 1193160548
KIA PSF-4
MAN M 3289
Opel B 0400070
Pentosin CHF 11-S
PSA S71 2710
TOTAL FLUIDE DA
TUTELLA GI/R
VW TL 52146