2010 VW polo 1.2 TPMS [searched before posting new thread]

uselessvwmanual

Hello VW Polo drivers, I have got a low tire pressure indicator on my dash and as a normal driver I filled all tires to recommended pressure and after few days checked again to make sure I didn't catch a nail. The tires hold pressure and the indicator light doesn't go out, I have checked the manual which says "press the SET button located in glove box" and the button is not even there (picture below of how it looks)
1241012d1400151749-vw-polo-diy-adding-lamp-glovebox-vwpolo_20.jpg
I checked for threads in this forum as well and watched loads of videos of how to reset tire pressure not just for Polo but other vw models just in case the button is somewhere hidden. There is a screen between rev and speed gauges which has 2 features, changing time and resetting millage driven, there is no settings nothing to change there.

That's the explanation and now let me know if I am just dumb and can't see it or sensor got faulty and I just need to go to the garage.

Thank you in advance!

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

That picture you have Goggled is that the same as your Polo?

Don't you have the reset button in the glove box as my Golf does?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

uselessvwmanual

firstly very sorry for wrong post, second the picture I posted is 100% same one that is in my car, I have Carista App and when connected to the car running for faults and errors it comes up with 0 faults, there is no touch screen or any system like in most cars, my guess would be that sensor is faulty.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Carista is a cheap scanner.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

uselessvwmanual

alright, thank you very much for the help, sorry to waste the time, you can lock the thread. I'll make sure to post in correct place next time.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no point in locking this thread until this forum sorts out playing YouTube video's, if Rory gets his **** into gear.

Its posted in the correct section.