2021 Touareg Factory order production delays!!!

Love_VAG

Hello everyone.

Currently I’m on the waiting list for my new Touareg Black Edition. Ordered end of May. I added few extras, that’s why my order became factory order. On the day I ordered, I was told my new car going to be delivered November. Month ago dealer updated, car going to be made beginning 2022. Last update I just got now middle 2022. Reasons for delay, semiconductor shortage.

It’s anyone can share theirs experience buying new Touareg in this COVID pandemic and semiconductor shortage period, especially factory ordered ones. Probably I’m not the one who is waiting for theirs new car.

Thanks anyone who can share any info.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
It is affecting all car manufactures except Tesla who make their own chips in many cases. The other problem is car manufactures tend to use old design chips as they need their systems to be relevant over a long production period and to be supportable for at eat 10 years or more, cars last a lot longer than mobile phones so when they all cancelled what were ostensibly legacy chips, the semi conductor manufactures partially scrapped the lines and then the expected collapse in sales due to Covid didn't happen, instead car manufactures cause their own sales collapse by not being able to build them.

HKH

Hi, I've a similar issue, ordered my new Touareg R Hybrid with extras end of March '21, original delivery date was 14 weeks later which was 1st week in July, During July I was informed build was now week 44 (1st Nov), we are now week 45 and it still hasn't hit the production line, it's at the "paperwork" stage awaiting to hit production! Dealership have informed me, when they know, I will!!!! This is 2021, not 1921!! How can they not give us a date? 8mths on, still waiting...... patiently 🙁

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
They can't give you a date as the chip manufactures won't give them a date. If it was 1921 we wouldn't have this problem, cars have become too complex and it is only going to get worse.