70 plate Touareg Fuse Identification - Dash Cam

Tholan

Hi,

I recently got a new 70 plate Touareg and wish to install my dashcam.
The manual doesnt really give much information about the fuse boxes and their identifications which is required to install the dash cam.

Has anyone had any experience of installing a dashcam into these cars or getting hold of the fuse diagrams from VW? - I have tried my local VW dealership and they will not issue it to me.

I have located the fuse box in the passenger footwell and tried to test the fuses with a multimeter to identify fuses which may only be on with ignition but I dont think this is possible as when the car is unlocked they all become live.

It seems very strange to me that a fuse map would not be supplied, my only option if a fuse ever does go is to take it to a dealership for replacement or to test all fuses i can find.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I think there are five fuse boxes on that but it is too new for me to have any wiring info, be careful as these are extraordinarily complex vehicles, some also have a 48v system.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this thread minus the engine size/type.