Adaptive cruise control

Butch65

Good evening I recently purchased the new tiguan elegance 1.5 petrol DSG.
When I used the cruise control and started to overtake the screen showed a vehicle on my left but started to slow down. The vehicle has now been back with the dealer for nearly 3 weeks with no sign of a resolution. The dealer says that this is the first time the issue has been raised. Any help much appreciated

dj_ek

Sounds like the ACC is setup for countries that drive on the right - the system will not “undertake” a vehicle in front of you in the next lane and hence pass it on the wrong side.

It’s an annoying nanny-state feature that’s caught me out a couple of times by for example a car in front moving to a right-turn filter lane and slowing down when I had ACC switched on - my car has then suddenly braked hard and caused people behind me to do an emergency stop!

Note to self - don’t use ACC when not on the motorway.

Belix

I agree it sounds like the ACC thinks it's set up for driving on the right. As dj_ek said, the ACC is programmed not to overtake from the slower lane, and shows a car in the display in the faster lane.
As for the not overtaking thing - a slight press on the accelerator tells the ACC to ignore the rule about not overtaking in the slower lane.

jddcuk

Good evening I recently purchased the new tiguan elegance 1.5 petrol DSG.
When I used the cruise control and started to overtake the screen showed a vehicle on my left but started to slow down. The vehicle has now been back with the dealer for nearly 3 weeks with no sign of a resolution. The dealer says that this is the first time the issue has been raised. Any help much appreciated
Hi there, I’ve just picked up the exact same car as you and have the exact same fault. Did you manage to get it sorted yet? My car is booked into the dealer next. Hope you got it fixed.

Butch65

Hi there, I’ve just picked up the exact same car as you and have the exact same fault. Did you manage to get it sorted yet? My car is booked into the dealer next. Hope you got it fixed.
Hi there,

No the dealer couldn't get a fix. They were waiting for VW in Germany to get fix.
So I exercised my consumer rights and asked for a refund.
I have recently purchased another new tiguan but haven't check to see
Hope you get yours sorted, let me know how it goes

jddcuk

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry to hear that you had to return it, I will do exactly the same if they can’t fix mine I’ll let you know how I get on, all the best.

Butch65

Now having driven mine it has the same fault as the previous vehicle
Not happy spoke to VW cuscustomer service and said got to take it back to get it checked, even though exaexactly the same fault

OFFS

My last SKODA (same hardware) had the same issue or feature (depending how you look at it), will not undertake unless you touch the accelerator to tell the car you actually know what your doing. All on the correct side of the road though. I remember reading that you can use VCDS to change the setting I think, but of course that could affect the warranty

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I often see coding values in the diagnostic system that’s show the car is set for right hand traffic (left hand drive) and it will not let me code it for the correct setup… computers in cars need to be backed off; not completely as there are advantages but at the moment it has gone too far.