Amarok alarm going off

Hi all, new here. Just got my 2013 Amarok 2 days ago and ever since the moment I got it home the alarm has been going off randomly. It even goes off while I'm driving. Other times the hazard lights will flash and no alarm. Its been doing it quite a lot since I've had it.
I've done alot of looking online and on forums and have read that this problem could be any number of things. However, a friend of mine scanned it just now and the only error code got was:

01134 Alarm Horn - H12 No Signal/No Communication

Is this definitely the issue seeing as this was the only error that came up? and also it is a big/expensive fix?

Thanks so much in advance.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the siren is common for this, it looks like your friend has VCDS so if you are not bothered about an alarm you can go into the long coding table and delete the siren which will shut it up.

Oh ok that could be an idea for a temporary fix I guess but ideally an alarm would be needed. Is it just a case of replacing the "alarm horn" and is it a big/expensive job? (Sorry, I know little about this sort of thing)

Thank for replying

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I got the impression his system was VCDS? The siren is £183.31 and is inside a riveted on casing inside the right inner wing so wheel off and arch liner out