Anti rattle springs phaeton 2011

jd2000

Hi guys wonder if anybody got any experience fitting anti rattle springs just fitted new brake pads and get the springs to hold as soon as I think I've got them on I pump brake pedal couple times and !ping! Their off again would really apreciate some help guys.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no general problem with fitted anti rattle springs.

1 set attachment parts (disc pad anti rattle springs) - 3D0 698 269 - £27.90

What's the mileage you need to replace the brake pads?

jd2000

The brake pads are volkswagen audi brand sorry crasher dont know what braking system is ive got volkswagen own brand springs and two sets of aftermark springs from ebay all springs identical except the price of own brand ones

jd2000

Hi Crasher and Keith uk the PR code for my Phaeton is 1ZL the brake pads that I purchased from Arnold Clark Volkswagen part no is 4EO698151J thank you both so much for your help much appreciated.

jd2000

No joy with the springs lads been at it since 5pm its now 920 i give up i tried loosening the caliper bots but when i put springs on i couldnt tighten the caliper bolts just poured a glass of wiskey there calm myself down ha ha ha

jd2000

Do you think crasher it could be wrong pads i watched a youtube video and the guy just pushed them in and then used a screw driver to tension them backwards then one smack and they where in nice and neat appreciate the help

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The part number of the pads you gave me is correct for the car, private message me your reg but I may not get time to check until Monday, it depends on how much Vodka I consume this weekend as to whether I can see the screen or not.