Apple Carplay stuck on Maps

Rmortimer

Hi all -
First post, so please be gentle!
I recently purchased an 18 plate Touran SEL 1.5 after owning (and loving) my 07 plate Touran for the last decade.
Car is great, drives well and retains the wonderful flexibility of my older Touran.
However, I've run into an issue with CarPlay and my iPhone12.
Everything had been working fine until very recently, but now when I plug in my phone, the screen immediately defaults to display google maps, as below (attachment)...
IMG_4385.jpg

The Spotify, Phone and Menu buttons shown on the right do not work (although they used to!).
If I pick up the iPhone itself to play music or make a call with the handset that does come out thru the speakers, but nothing changes on the Infotainment display, and obviously that's not possible when driving.
I have done a CarPlay factory reset through the Settings menu and that hasn't made any difference.
Any other pointers appreciated.
Ta
Rich

Belix

you tried soft reboot? Not sure how a reboot works on the discover media, but I'd hazard a guess you hold the power button for 10 seconds or so until you see the boot up screen again

Rmortimer

you tried soft reboot? Not sure how a reboot works on the discover media, but I'd hazard a guess you hold the power button for 10 seconds or so until you see the boot up screen again
That worked.
Amazing - thank you so much!