Beetle body panels

Joff

Hi, I'm new VW's (other than spending holidays travelling around Europe in the back of a Devon conversion in the 70's). I'm about to start a Beetle restoration and was wondering who does the best repair panels? There looks to be quite a variety, so I'm guessing quality is hit and miss. I've acquired a rear valance and the catch and the hole don't line up and neither look centered, is this the norm with pattern parts, I guess you get what you pay for. I'm not looking at concourse, but equally I don't want panels that are a bit thicker than tin foil. Thanks in advance

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
There is a LOT of choice out there now, BBT makes some lovely parts and there is Autokraft and Classic Fab all making superb parts.

Joff

Thanks for the info. I've had a quick look, bit worried about ordering from the EU at the moment, heard some horror stories of duty getting lumped onto bits coming into the country. Hopefully by the time I get around to ordering this will have settled down a bit.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Our mail order department is experiencing nightmares sending to Europe and the stores department suffering delays of weeks for parts coming in; for European made cars! It is so bad that this week we have suspended ALL EU sales due to their belligerent and idiotic behaviour, mind you it is not the xenophobic and moronic behaviour that lead UK votes to put their mark next to leave. Meanwhile exports to the other parts of the world we have NO trade agreements in place with, continue undisturbed in BOTH directions.