Bluetooth module install.

Matt466

Hi all.

Not sure if this is in the right place. Please relocate as needed!!

Ive had a good look round here and elsewhere for info about installing a 9W7 bluetooth module in to my mk6 Golf.

Ive bought a 9W7 module part number 7P6 035 730 E
The car has a RNS510 fitted (from new I suspect) but has not had bluetooth fitted.
Ive also got a harness and mic (eBay) and VCDS.

My questions are

Where would the wiring harness between the head unit and the bluetooth module be fitted from the factory.

The harness I've got has a green 12 pin plug, of which there are 4 pins used. It also has 4 wires loose, 2 as a twisted pair and 2 loose. Is there a pin diagram for these cables?

Thanks
Matt

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
It is not a great area of expertise of mine as I tend to stay clear of doing them professionally as no one will pay the going rate for how much work it is to do properly.

Belix

VW is skimpy on wiring. Nothing not needed is added, so you'll need to add your own wiring. That said, the retrofit kits i've seen were pretty comprehensive - and if there were loose wires, they should defiantely have a guide to connecting them. The ones I used already had as mini harness that fitted between the quad lock plug on the back of the radio, and the radio, so it was as simple as unplugging the radio, fitting the bridge and refitting, then routing the cable to the bluetooth. Further wiring and fitting of the microphone up in the lighting dome.

Anyway, the pinouts are on this page https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/1000q/a5/rcd510-rns510-swap-vw.htm

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
If you save 1m of copper wire per car over 10 million cars in a year, think how much money that is, if you can save a 10 meters per car; well... Think that way on EVERY single part of the car and as a manufacturer you may JUST scrape a profit.

Matt466

VW is skimpy on wiring. Nothing not needed is added, so you'll need to add your own wiring. That said, the retrofit kits i've seen were pretty comprehensive - and if there were loose wires, they should defiantely have a guide to connecting them. The ones I used already had as mini harness that fitted between the quad lock plug on the back of the radio, and the radio, so it was as simple as unplugging the radio, fitting the bridge and refitting, then routing the cable to the bluetooth. Further wiring and fitting of the microphone up in the lighting dome.

Anyway, the pinouts are on this page https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/1000q/a5/rcd510-rns510-swap-vw.htm
Thanks for this. The seller has also now come back to me with (a little!) more info too. Will get the head unit out this weekend and see what i find!!