Boot Release & nearside door electrical Issues

Magicshifty

Hi All.
New here but a longtime and loyal VW fan and driver. Hoping somebody may be able to shed some light on my Golf plus (07 plate) electrical issues.

Currently I have an issue where my nearside door no longer locks with the rest of the doors and is perpetually unlocked. Additionally my boot No longer responds to the microswitch under the badge and so is locked unless I fold the seats down and reach through to use the manual release lever inside, which is obviously not practical.

My first course of action, considering the low prices for the boot actuator and the boot switch / number plate bar- was to replace both of these components, reasoning that it was most likely one or the other. This had absolutely no effect with the boot still unresponsive.

For some other background, I have used a multimeter and am getting a 12v feed on both the switch / numberplate light bar and the actuator plugs. Additionally the lights on the bar for the numberplate light up with the lights switched on.

I have pulled back the rubber boots for both the boot and the door - making sure to pull them right across and look in the middle of the wire bunch. I have tried looking for gold plus wiring diagrams online - with no luck, I mostly find golf schematics. Are they identical to the 'plus' model?

I'm most keen on finding a solution to the boot issue. It doesnt have to be the cleanest, I would be happy to use a patch cable or similar to just get it working. Or perhaps I should replace the whole rear wiring harness? Again I'm not sure if a standard golf harness would work in a plus model...

Any feedback or ideas for direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

T

Magicshifty

Thanks for your response. I have a ILC OBDII which I've used in the past to switch lights off etc. Would something like this give detailed enough results to be useful, or do you think its time to stump up for professional help?
Do you think that the non reponsive boot actuator could be related to the door?

Thanks in advance

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The switch in the tailgate handle sends an earth signal to the convenience unit behind the glovebox on a white then lilac wire, if the parameters are correct the convenience unit than sends a power command to the motor on the red/blue wire. If one of the door locks or something else is not putting the system in the correct state, then it won't send the signal. I don't thing your scanner will help.