Caddy 2.0 2020 🤨

mikeyp

Hi I took ownership of a 2020 caddy late last year, approx 6 months ago.

a 2.0 diesel dsg 150ps, I have two gripes with it and trying to find out whether anyone else is experiencing similar things.

Firstly the dsg gearbox, its seems lacklustre, or somewhat indecisive of what its doing in a torque delivery type of way from a stand still, no revs
So to try and explain better, once moving its fine going through the gears. From stand still or a few mph it just seems not smooth and its like all or nothing. like it is lagging. It can often just surge or like there a black spot. jerky and undesirable, It does it less so when in sport!
ive heard you can tune the dsg box, it needs something as I think the gearbox is shite to be fair, especially compared to the gearbox in my car.

secondly, the engine. can sound awful at times, rough. just didnt expect this from a 20 plate van really especially from vw.
Just had a mate come round with a 21 plate transit connect and I couldnt believe how quiet his was which has led me to here.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
How many miles has it done? The DQ250 box used in your van usually has a vert smooth take up, jerking, especially in reverse, can indicate the clutch pack is worn. Often the engine top cover and lower sound deadening are missing on the Caddy which are easy to retro fit plus obviously there may be something wrong which can't be decided upon without experiencing it.

mikeyp

Hi I took ownership of a 2020 caddy late last year, approx 6 months ago.

a 2.0 diesel dsg 150ps, I have two gripes with it and trying to find out whether anyone else is experiencing similar things.

Firstly the dsg gearbox, its seems lacklustre, or somewhat indecisive of what its doing in a torque delivery type of way from a stand still, no revs
So to try and explain better, once moving its fine going through the gears. From stand still or a few mph it just seems not smooth and its like all or nothing. like it is lagging. It can often just surge or like there a black spot. jerky and undesirable, It does it less so when in sport!
ive heard you can tune the dsg box, it needs something as I think the gearbox is shite to be fair, especially compared to the gearbox in my car.

secondly, the engine. can sound awful at times, rough. just didnt expect this from a 20 plate van really especially from vw.
Just had a mate come round with a 21 plate transit connect and I couldnt believe how quiet his was which has led me to here.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
How many miles has it done? The DQ250 box used in your van usually has a vert smooth take up, jerking, especially in reverse, can indicate the clutch pack is worn. Often the engine top cover and lower sound deadening are missing on the Caddy which are easy to retro fit plus obviously there may be something wrong which can't be decided upon without experiencing it.
Thanks for the reply Crasher, its only done 12k. I took owner ship form 2k as it was a demo. Funny you say that about the engine cover as it hasn't got one lol. Please point me in the right direction for this. what are they doing not fitting one.
with the dsg box I think its just a characteristic. I really dont rate it to be honest. it does seem like it doesnt know what to do at times.
I also have a Bmw with a ZF8 and maybe im used to how that performs and its a faultless gearbox. so responsive

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
There are aftermarket remaps for the DSG and there MAY be a software update from VW, next time it goes into VW ask them to do a Software Version Management (SVM) check on the box. The cover is left off to save money. There are a few mounting studs for the cover and I don't know if yours will have them, a friend of mine who is a sparky has the same van and is coming in at some point next week to put me a new 3 phase socket in so I will look at what his needs to add the cover.

mikeyp

There are aftermarket remaps for the DSG and there MAY be a software update from VW, next time it goes into VW ask them to do a Software Version Management (SVM) check on the box. The cover is left off to save money. There are a few mounting studs for the cover and I don't know if yours will have them, a friend of mine who is a sparky has the same van and is coming in at some point next week to put me a new 3 phase socket in so I will look at what his needs to add the cover.
I will ask them when it goes in next. Let me know please mate. Thanks for you're help đź‘Ť