Caddy 2.0 SDI Starting problem!

WilliD

I’ve owned an 09 2.0 SDI caddy for 3 years. Not had any other problems with it - always flew though MOT’s and starts no problem most of the time.
However, the problem I’ve always faced is a problem starting up - if left facing up hill or any slight incline and left for a few hours (e.g while at work) it will really struggle to start. Facing downhill, starts first time no problem. It turns over for a very long time before eventually struggling and spluttering to a start. I have read a few things online but never really got a definitive answer and after mentioning it every time I’ve had it in for an MOT and service Iv never had a problem “found” by the mechanic.
Iv read things about fuel leaking back down the fuel rail into the engine and about injector seals needing replacing but didn’t know if anyone had had the same problem and knew exactly what it was / the solution? I am looking to sell soon and don’t want to sell it privately with this problem and end up looking like a rip off.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
You wanting to sell the vehicle with a good conscience is admirable, most would not give a shit. The vehicle being on an incline affecting it could be misleading you and it be a cranking RPM issue so that needs checking first.