Caddy 2.0 SDI timing

mechmanuk

hi guys, ive got a caddy 2.0ltr sdi which was bought recently from fleebay as a cat d. It runs fine but at start up its very sluggish to start like the battery is flat and its got a terrible rattle and im guessing the engine rocks too on start up as it sounds like its slightly thuddy if that makes sense, it does start and runs fine but a little on the noisy side for me.
the guy who had it told me it was flood damage so the head has been off and 1 conrod and ppiston replaced i believe.

What i need to know is can this engine run if the timing belt is 1 tooth out? or am i looking somewhere else? lazy starter?

thanks for looking, john.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum John.

The first thing you need to do is get your motor scanned for any error codes that are logged in the ecu.

Its hard to say if it will run with 1 tooth out on the timing belt, if its the injection pump then probably not, check all timing marks?

Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking everytime, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f26/adding-your-car-spec-5119.html

Options Sticker and Engine Codes

mechmanuk

i have my own sanner, the vans fine just need to know if it would run a tooth out to save me stripping the camcovers, engine mount etc to physically check. I dont think it would but is someone knows for certain then it will save me time and hassle