Caddy Maxi poor lighting

Adrian49

I purchased a new 2.0TDI 140ps Caddy Maxi Highline in February of this year, 2013. This is my second Caddy, my previous one being
a 59 plate 1.9 TDI.
On the older van, when changing from dipped headlights to main beam, the dipped beam stayed on as well as the main beam coming on, giving extremely good lighting.
On the new van, it works differently, in that the dip beam goes out momentarily after the main beam comes on resulting in a 'black area' immediately in front of the vehicle where the dip beam would have been. The main beam itself is fine. The only way I can get good lighting is by switching on the fog lights as well, which of course is illegal unless visibility is poor.

I have contacted my nearest VW Van centre who confirm that there is no fault but confirm that that is how the current model is set up. This way of operating seems a very retrograde step in comparison with the earlier vehicle.

Has anybody else experienced this and if so is there a solution to bring the current lighting system up to the older one?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if this could be altered in the central electrics unit long coding? You would need someone with the system and knowledge to delve in there and take a look at the values. No promises, just an idea,