caddy not starting

Ian Stanfield

I've a 2010 Caddy 2.0 SDI

wont start turns over but doesn't fire

dont think I'm getting power to the uplift pump even for a split second when ignition on or cranked over, also glow plug lights flashing all the time and horn not working now, all was fine 1 min next this happens p

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Do the lights, wipers, washer, horn etc work with the ignition on? The glow plug light flashing suggests there are codes stored which may help.

Ian Stanfield

lights are working but n/s headlight did have a bad earth that was solved by a car sparky, wipers ok
horn not working with ignition on
not sure what electrician or mechanic was using to test but no faults were showing

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
That could be a problem with what is known as the “X” circuit and also called “line 15” which is provided by a high current relay on the body control module under the dash. You can see the relay and BCM after removing the trim panel and with knowledge of how a relay works a mechanic would bridge the power supply and load circuit outputs and see if the systems came back to life and check the relays command and earth feeds to make sure the BCM was sending out the command signal. Also the relay would be tested or a new one tried but unfortunately I have seen a run of this problem in the Caddy 3 recently, caused by BCM failure.