Caddy won't start help

Karloss

Hi I have a vw caddy 2007 1.9tdi I have been on holiday for a week come back started the van drove about 3 miles with no problems and all of a sudden konked out and wouldn't start again. I tryed turning it over with no luck then after a little while the oil light will come on and flash? Any ideas the garage has it but haven't heard anything and need it back ASAP as I'm need it for work any help will be greatly appreciated thank you

hopper

I'm no mechanic but have experienced same symptoms on a previous car, AA fitted new battery and all was well again.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
VWwelcome.gif

You need to get your motor scanned for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them.

Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking every time, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f26/adding-your-car-spec-5119.html

Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry about the flashing and beeping oil pressure warning, all modern VAG products do this when they have been cranked over for a few seconds without starting. I would say the symptom sounds very much like a faulty crank speed sensor but a sticking manifold flap could cause the problem as could a faulty ECU relay, a fault code read would be very informative.