Can't open doors even when unlocked... 2007 109 TDi

BigVarn

Has anyone had any strange issue with locks and unlocking? I recently bought a 2007 1.9TDi and it has unlocking problems. I don't have a remote key just a manual key.
When the driver's door is unlocked using the key none of the other door locks appear to unlock. At this stage the door won't always open.
If I put the key in the ignition and turn it one step I can hear other locks unlocking. However the handles do not open the doors!
I can unlock the rear door by flicking the small lever up and that will allow me to open the rear door.
I'm thinking of replacing all the locks but wondered if there might be a central locking issue too or perhaps just a problem with the drivers door lock.
Any recommendations for somewhere to buy a complete lock set?
TIA

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
First of all get a scan carried out on the central convenience system and deal with the problems shown. The door locks used are very unreliable since 1997 in all sorts of VAG products. Today we had a monumental three hour fight to get the passengers front door open on a Fabia 1 VRS.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

As suggested: You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

BigVarn

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

As suggested: You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Thanks Keith...sorry for jumping the gun. I need to read everything properly don't I? :0(