Cars / drivers reputations?

urtoinpo

For all the aggressive and selfish tools who pilot Beemers, Mercs, Binis and the like there is one golden rule that shines out on the roads every day -
Never trust a Vauxhall.
(This rule also applies to a lesser extent to most Nissans and Peugeots BTW)

manek

It's difficult not to generalise when you meet BMW drivers like the gentleman I encountered on the A27 on Sunday.

I was in my MGB (sorry, not a VW) and in the outside of three lanes, keeping up everyone else and overtaking the slower middle lane traffic. The BMW driver zoomed up behind me, sat so close I could only just see the badge, not the headlamps, and just after I passed the last car in the middle lane and was indicating to move left and let him past, he cut left, zoomed past me on the inside, then swerved in front of me so close I had to brake hard to avoid hitting him. This delicate manoeuvre was accompanied by a range of hand gestures which I shall leave to your imagination. He didn't even indicate...

That I was in a fragile 50-year-old car with none of today's safety technology made little difference to this complete and utter knob. Of course, not all BMW drivers are like this - but you can't help but wonder if there's something in the plastics they use...

Tommyh2018

As a former Mercedes driver, I can safely say I was a responsible driver of it. However; BMW and Audi driver are, without exception, the biggest Jeremy Hunts of the driving world. I remember, not too long ago, it was torrential rain. I mean, monsoon standards. I was driving home late at night. I was doing about 60 down the M23 and even then I was bricking it. A BMW flew past me at approx: 90-100 easily. I was expecting to pass it on it’s roof a few miles down the road. Alas I didn’t.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
What is the difference between a Merc Panzer commander and BM **** pilot? The BM driver thinks he owns the road, a Merc driver knows he owns the road, OUT OF MY WAY I’M IN A MERCEDES.....

WAXB18

Don't get me started on the Uber Prius'
Theyre an absolute nightmare, no indicating when parking, no indicating when pulling off, stopping randomly in the middle of the road!!!

I also own a BMW and have to say "YES I OWN THE ROAD" but thats because its an E38 7-Series :cool:

DamianL

White van drivers seem to be absolute madmen. In my 1 year long experience of driving with an L plate and now being a begginer driver, I learned that when you spot a white van in your mirrors, it doesn't matter when or what the conditions are - You will be overtaken.

There was also an occasion where lights started to turn red and since there was plenty of time to stop, I did. Next thing I see is a Mercedes overtaking me at a T junction even though the light was already red for a good 5 seconds.

DaveC

Lorry drivers, "knights of the road"...not.
I live on a busy road and near to new build industrial distribution hubs, Birch Coppice North Warks, google it if you care. Anyway, they are usually the ones involved in any skirmish's and hold ups. PITA, well most of them.

RUM4MO

I have an Audi S4, but luckily I don't seem to be an "Audi driver" - I see them every day I am out driving mainly my wife's Polo.
Audi still seem to be "top dog" when it comes to "bad" people in films and on telly, seeing someone in a black Audi usually means that they are bad eggs or trouble - even my wife notices this, there are a very few exceptions though.
My 2011 Audi S4 is Deep Sea Blue Pearl, which unfortunately in dull weather looks drab and very close to being black!!
BMWs, well enough has already been said about them

If you have ever been "lucky" enough to spend time in an Audi dealership, you might have spotted that the male trouser type of choice seems to be grey trackie bottoms with suspicious stains on the rear, strange that. Lady customers seems to vary from normal to older ladies dressing like younger ladies - but that is okay by me!

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I think the worst Audi offenders are the drivers of S3's, especially but not confined to, the series 1 type 8L. If you see a BMW being driven like a ** trying to overtake and push it at the last moment, there is often an S3 stuck to its **** end.