CARS THAT HAVE BEEN FIXED SINCE POST EMISSIONS RECALL PROBLEMS ON GOLF 2.0 tdi

dn_morgan

Thought I'd start a new thread as it seems that we have established that on 2.0 TDI GOLF some owners are experiencing missing or power loss since have the emissions recall carried out.

Some threads have mentioned going in to have a new software fix applied.

Could you add to this thread if you have a 2.0 tdi golf have had post recall problems and the car has been back in and had the problem resolved.

Any technical detail or the fix would be great.

thanks neil

starnet

In US VW is paying up to £7k compensation , why not in Europa or UK . These cars should banned in UK

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
In US VW is paying up to £7k compensation , why not in Europa or UK . These cars should banned in UK

Don't be silly, the situation and the cars in the USA is different, all they are doing here is removing useless software, there is no issue, don't have the recall done.

Gazwould

Tighter and actual NOx figures to achieve that were impossible , so VW had to cheat to obtain a pass .

In UK VED is calculated on CO2 , and the MOT a simple smoke opacity test , 3.00 for older cars , 1.50 for newer with DPF .

An older car without a DPF will often measure 1.50 anyhow , that's how relaxed it is .

I might be DPF and EGR pro out , but I don't like to see a bonfire coming from an exhaust .

Mick1947

Had the remap 450 miles ago drove it out of dealers , wouldn't do more than 20 mph drove it back and they fixed it . 250 miles later engine management light came on (Amber engine symbol)
Stayed on for a day , 200 miles later came on again. Took it back to dealer , diagnostic test carried out , said it was most likely EGR valve , this was replaced last year under goodwill , VW replaced part FOC and paid 50% labour. Going in tomorrow for investigation any one else had similar problems. Forgot to mention. GT TDI 2.0l mk6 10 plate 49500 miles

starnet

So much headache honestly, some horrified story's on net. What's your plan ? Wait and pay each time light comes on ? Don't think it will end

dn_morgan

have had a software fix done on our 2011 golf 2.0 tdi bluemotion, I'm trying to find out what the fix was, either a complete rewrite or remap to the ecu or just a software patch, we will test and let you know whether the fix has been successful at removing the miss between 4th and 5th gear

griffstick

I had the software update on Friday on my 2011 Golf 2.0 TDI Match ( not Bluemotion). First impression was the car seemed more responsive or, at least, no worse. Consumption as good as ever. Garage gave car a free health check and a mini valet. I could have opted to have car picked up and returned but I chose to take it there.

Mick1947

Had the remap 450 miles ago drove it out of dealers , wouldn't do more than 20 mph drove it back and they fixed it . 250 miles later engine management light came on (Amber engine symbol)
Stayed on for a day , 200 miles later came on again. Took it back to dealer , diagnostic test carried out , said it was most likely EGR valve , this was replaced last year under goodwill , VW replaced part FOC and paid 50% labour. Going in tomorrow for investigation any one else had similar problems. Forgot to mention. GT TDI 2.0l mk6 10 plate 49500 miles
EGR replaced under warranty yesterday. Wonder how long this one lasts. Had a MK 4 2.0l tdi GT before this a much better car far superior build quality never missed a beat in the 60,000 miles I had it

Big baz

I had my software up date in September 2016 on my 2011 golf plus TDI 140 it been back twice each time is as improved but now they that is it.There is drop in fuel consumption and a rattle at low revs using more fuel means shorter life span of the DPF filter and EGR valve,

Bluenomotion

Problems after software update.

Hi, I just found this forum and though I would add my story. I recently had the emissions recall done on my VW Golf SE 1.6 diesel Estate. Prior to VW touching my car I'd never had any issues. Since the so called software upgrade I have had amber lights displayed on the dash for engine management and emissions managment. This happened virtually the day after I got the car back from VW. I took the car back to them but was told that I would be charged around £70 for an investigation. I decided to pass. A month went by and I still had the lights coming up. Usually when I go over 50mph. So, I bit the bullet and took it in and paid the £70. The conclusion was that as a first measure to solving a problem they would replace the EGR valve at at cost of £1200! I must say that I am very disappointed. Naturally I wont be getting them to do any work on my car now or in the future. I so regret having the emissions recall done. If you know you can get through MOT without it then I would say dont have it done. VW's are excellent motors and I dont think there ever was an issue. The hell with emissions. Im going to ignore the problem and hope it does not get worse! What a shame about their customer service!

Bluenomotion

No. I did not pay £1200. I didnt have the work done. Will wait & see and go elsewhere

Hi, I just found this forum and though I would add my story. I recently had the emissions recall done on my VW Golf SE 1.6 diesel Estate. Prior to VW touching my car I'd never had any issues. Since the so called software upgrade I have had amber lights displayed on the dash for engine management and emissions managment. This happened virtually the day after I got the car back from VW. I took the car back to them but was told that I would be charged around £70 for an investigation. I decided to pass. A month went by and I still had the lights coming up. Usually when I go over 50mph. So, I bit the bullet and took it in and paid the £70. The conclusion was that as a first measure to solving a problem they would replace the EGR valve at at cost of £1200! I must say that I am very disappointed. Naturally I wont be getting them to do any work on my car now or in the future. I so regret having the emissions recall done. If you know you can get through MOT without it then I would say dont have it done. VW's are excellent motors and I dont think there ever was an issue. The hell with emissions. Im going to ignore the problem and hope it does not get worse! What a shame about their customer service!

No. I did not pay £1200. I didnt have the work done. Will wait & see and go to my regular mechanic, which will be a lot less than £1200. Im still not convinced its not connected to what they did, especially as lots of other people seem to be having the same problem after the update! Wouldn't it be nice if they just held their hands up and admitted its their fault! I guess Im just an idealist!

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
It is a difficult one, it was plainly obvious that something like this was going to happen, everything should just have been left as it was. The EGR valve on the 1.6 is extremely prone to failure, with five years under its belt, go and ask it to deliver more and it is pretty easy to judge that you are going to get a high level of failure.

Kampala 2016

Thought I'd start a new thread as it seems that we have established that on 2.0 TDI GOLF some owners are experiencing missing or power loss since have the emissions recall carried out.

Some threads have mentioned going in to have a new software fix applied.

Could you add to this thread if you have a 2.0 tdi golf have had post recall problems and the car has been back in and had the problem resolved.

Any technical detail or the fix would be great.

thanks neil
I have Golf 2061 2:0 GTDI it went in for service and the dealership did some emission recall work too. When I picked up the car, engine was lacking power and idling revs were fluctuating and I also noticed heavy fuel consumption. Car doesn't seem to feel the same on road. The dealership asked me to book the car in so they could check if any problems. It came back with no faults found and I was told to report if I find anything else. I took the car out for long drive (60 miles) and again noticed lack of power, mis fired only couple of times, heavy on fuel, it's not fun to drive the car any more. I have reported it to dealership and car has been booked in again.