Central Locking and Electric Windows not working

Hello,

My daughter has a 2005 3 door Polo. It has issues:
1. The central locking works from the passenger side lock but not the drivers side. It also works from the switch inside the drivers door.
2. The drivers and passengers side electric windows don't work from the drivers side door switches but the passenger window works from the passenger door switch.

Stuff I have done:
1. Checked for obvious damage on the wires between the driver door and pillar under the bellows
2. Removed the internal door panel and checked for wiring damage. Have also check the various plug connectors for damage by unplugging.
3. Cut my finger on some sharp edges
4. Put it all back together and got really annoyed that it still isn't working.

Can somebody please help me. I have googled the interweb and from what I can see this is not an uncommon problem.

The system is computer controlled so you should start with a code read of what is known as the “convenience system” but also the inconvenience system...
Hi Crasher, thanks for the reply. I don’t have a code reader, but have often thought about getting one. Can you please suggest/recommend one.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The best aftermarket system is VCDS but it is expensive. Whatever you buy avoided anything non VAG group specific. I have tried VCP system which is initially cheaper but subscription based and I did not get on with it at all probably because I have used VCDS for nearly 20 years now but on an older car like this you could pick up a used dongle of the earlier generation BUT avoid non genuine dongles at all cost, these come with zero support.