Clock spring part advice

Gurvirb

Hi, the current clock spring fitted too my 2009 Scirocco is part number 5k0953569A.
Do I have to get the exact part number or would an identical looking genuine part with the number say 5K0953569AK be compatible?? Many thanks in advance.

Gurvirb

Hi Crasher, can I pick your brains again please.
i have fitted the new clock spring and had it coded, so now the rear wiper and voice control button on the steering wheel work again. The only issue is that the paddle gear shift on the steering wheel isn’t working. The technician said he enabled it in vcds but they still aren’t working. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Gurvirb

It was a new part and vcds shows activity when the paddles on the steering wheel are pressed but they are not changing the gears. Is there a certain way of coding. I think the technician struggled as a lot of the text on his version of vcds was in German.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Usually you can just copy the coding from a previous code read of the old slip ring and paste it into the new one, sometimes I find VCDS can't do certain coding jobs and I have to use ODIS in Software Version Management which requires GEKO security clearance.

Gurvirb

Do you know of anyone in the Birmingham area with the knowledge and hardware to sort this out?