DAB not working FM ok

radders

Hello,
My wife's Touran has developed a weird fault - whilst FM works fine, the DAB has 'frozen'. No sound, and the volume does not go up or down when turning the knob.

Any ideas has to what has gone wrong?

Thanks, Dave

radders

Have tried turning the radio off and on again several times, but I'm guessing that's not what you meant...

Belix

No, but the procedure to reset depends on the radio. You can check the manual. What radio do you have? RNS510 for example, hold left and right track change buttons together with the star button (or whatever button right of eject) until it reboots

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 0, only what I've added from this post wife's Touran.

Lucky you have posted in the correct sub forum.

Which radio/sat/nav model is fitted?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

radders

Thanks for your replies.
The unit is an RCD 310. The user manual has nothing about resetting it.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have RCD 310 in my Golf it doesn't have DAB.

If I think back 10 years the DAB was an option I don't remember the price of hand but it wasn't cheap so I didn't bother with that option with a different aerial not the heated read window aerial. Plus it will need coding with VAG-COM\VCDS.

So is this RCD 310 fitted to your car which we don't know what it is doesn't it have DAB or are you just thinking about fitting this option?

When you post a question you need to post everything not just bits and people have to ask other things just to confirm what your asking, its like 20 questions not easy on a forum.

radders

KeithUK. I thought my original post provided all the relevant info...
To recap: It is a Touran, xx13 plate. It was bought s/h so we don’t know if DAB was retro-fitted, but the manual which came with it describes DAB as if it were part-and-parcel of the radio.

Touranasaurus

My 13 plate Touran has an RCD310 with DAB, when you select DAB 'band' does turning the tuning knob go through the available stations? I'm kinda thinking it does as your mention only the volume control not working.....

radders

Selecting DAB band brings up list of presets, with one selected. No sound. Turning the volume knob shows volume bar, at about 1/3 volume, but it doesn’t change...

radders

After searching the web I found out that the radio has a hidden TEST DAB menu.
Bringing this up shows 3 soft buttons: Ant, Q and BER. None of these work.
The menu also shows a signal-level thermometer bar. This is empty.
The scan buttons cycle through all the DAB Ensembles. The signal level never increases.
Here’s the weird thing: if I now turn the ignition off, the signal level shoots up, and music plays.
What on Earth is wrong with this radio? Thanks

Bonusidolus

My daughter has the same issue on her week old 70 plate Polo. It's too late to mess with tonight but will reset to factory settings tomorrow if the dealer doesn't have a fix over the phone.

Bonusidolus

And guess what happened the following morning......turned in the ignition and boom boom boom goes her music, not sure if there's an imoji for shaking my head.