DSG gearbox swap different code

hotwheels

need some help/info guys 2011 transporter 7speed DSG DQ500 box code is NEX its knackered. I am struggling to find a box with the same code they only made it from 11 to 15. so question will any others fit without massive problems can I fit a newer box . thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, 05/11>08/15 and starting with model year 2012. The NEX is the same as the MXZ and NYB but if you use another box, even another NEX, it may need a software flash; what has gone wrong with it as the the DQ500 is normally a very strong box?

hotwheels

Fault code it was giving me were
System description: DSG DQ500-7F
Software number: 0BT300045P
Software version: 1801
Hardware number: 0BH927711G
Hardware version: H11
ODX name: EV_TCMDQ500021
ODX version: 001001
Long coding: 0014

Trouble codes:
P176A00 - Gear selector 1 cannot be regulated
Intermittent
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Malfunction frequency counter: 255
P176C00 - Gear selector 3 cannot be regulated
Intermittent
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Malfunction frequency counter: 255
would not go in drive or park it was like you were trying to put it in gear without dipping the clutch on a manual just grinding of gears.
I took the box out one of the drive shafts inputs was full of rust/dust the guy at the gear box place said it looks like at the least its going to need a part rebuild the teeth have about gone on it. also going off the faults he said with 110k on the clock it could also be a fault on the Mechatronic but we would not no till after the rebuild around 900 quid . They did mention it would need a flash but said if I get the van to them they can do it. thanks for the help with the gearbox codes will get looking again. been looking so much I am having dreams about them. lol

hotwheels

I can only go on what I am been told there is rust in the input shaft that you can see . so by the time its been stripped to check and rebuilt the cost will be going up fast. if its all ok inside then the mech unit is next poss 500 to 800 :sick: . I have got a box in Germany 900 with a 3 month warranty then sell mine to cover some of the cost looks the best way to go at the mo.But I a still looking not in that much of a rush

hotwheels

I can only go on what I am been told there is rust in the input shaft that you can see . so by the time its been stripped to check and rebuilt the cost will be going up fast. if its all ok inside then the mech unit is next poss 500 to 800 :sick: . I have got a box in Germany 900 with a 3 month warranty then sell mine to cover some of the cost looks the best way to go at the mo.But I a still looking not in that much of a rush
just had the box on the bench the teeth on the input shaft look very warn down, I also checked the end of the drive shaft that looks even worse the spring clip on the end has worn completely down the shaft just drops in and out no resistance at all. so need a drive shaft too god anything else

hotwheels

yep think I will give that a swerve looking at 1800 for a recon with new clutch years warranty think that will do me. had a look at drive shaft prices only then I realized the dust cover is missing off it . that will be the dust and rust in the drive must have not been put back on when the van was worked on just picking up road kill ever since

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
We have an A4 in today, someone did two CV outer boots on it but didn't fit the clips properly, now it needs £700 worth of new CV joints...

hotwheels

one of the reasons I only do my own car/van. I even send my kids cars to the garage if anything happened I and I repaired it dose not bare thinking about. I have a well kitted out garage I build kit cars from scratch as a hobby so just about got every tool going

hotwheels

still looking its just come up with a cross match for a MXZ to NZQ box REVISED 0BT DQ500 7-STAGE DSG.. anyone know if this could be another possibility to add to the list. think this is 15 onwards. thanks

hotwheels

right managed to get a recon box with a two year warranty fitted for 2k only. problem is my box is now out so guess what my job is sunday . Van will be on the road tho happy days

hotwheels

here we go again I did some research on uk169 also known as Auto Essentials google reviews all look positive that I could find which was not a lot .however they are allover the T4 forum the quote I got matched the others seems to be a common price he then stings you when its there. thank god for the forums my van would be in for the work next week not now no chance no way he is a out and out con man. always check reviews odd one may be bad anyone that deals with customers will get that but this one is all bad.

hotwheels

deffo a con going off the T4 forum. got a guy in Nottingham that's said bring it in they will take a look with good reviews .can not find one with same code for lov or money so it could be a bench test and possible mech or rebuild. dam

hotwheels

any recommendation's for a possible mech rebuild if you think its that causing the fault. I have ordered a new drive shaft the gears on the box drive look ok to me the old shaft is very worn. not having a dust cover on did not help it.