DSG ISSUE???

Haq79

Hello,

I have a 2015 CC 181BH TDI. A few days ago I was in traffic and came to a stop where the stop start came in, car turned off. When I lifted my foot off the brake the car jerked forward very harshly as if someone hit me from behind. This is the first time I have driven a car with stop start. There are times where the stop start works straight away when I lift my foot off the brake but other times there is a 1-2 second delay before the car moves away. Moreover, when slowing down abs the gear changes from 3rd to 2nd at times the car jerks (like when driving a manual car and your slowing down from 3rd to 2nd but raise the clutch even your going fast and the engine brakes causing the revs to increase). I took it to my local garsge who said he can't find any faults. I bought the car in January 2021 on 51k and the garage said it done a DSG OIL & FILTER CHANGE. The car has 59k with me getting the service done (oil and filter change) at 57k.

Since reading up on the site in very confused to whether this is normal or there is an issue with the car.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would be so grateful 😁

Haq79

Just an update, so VW checked the car over and said they can't find anything wrong with the car. I did have another DSG oil change a few days ago and they confirmed the oil was new and there was enough oil in the gear box but I asked to do again. A few weeks ago someone hit me from behind and I was hearing some strange noises. Moreover, I was up a hill stationary and as I let go of the brake the car rolled back slightly and then turned off. This happened 3 times. I had to switched on hill start to move. This has never happened me, even though the hill is my usual route home. VW said nothing wrong and nothing came up during their scan. When I questioned them about car turning off, they had no reply only that there isn't anything wrong. Now I'm worried as I have my car back and if there is a problem after the rear end accident it will be down to me to sort out.
Another issue which I have, thus was after my DSG oil change a few days ago, when I accelerate I can hear air from the engine, its as if its coming from the dash. I can't notice any power loss as I never put my foot down. I hope I'm not paranoid especially after the accident. Its very worrying. When I took it to VW for the DSG oil change they told me I need my console bushes replaced as a pair and both rear drop links have play. The strange thing is, when the car was taken to VW for investigation, they said no issues with DSG or with the car but when I took it to another vw dealership for oil change they told me this. Can any of these issues be due to the rear impact??? Just to explain what happened, I was moving slowly in traffic and a vehicle hit me from behind, as my hand was next to the gear stick, the impact moved my hand and I pushed the gear stick to park whilst the car was still moving. I'm no expert but I know moving from drive to park whilst a car is moving is not good. But who do I believe???

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I can see your senses are heightened by your recent experiences and I don’t drive one of these on a regular basis, just around the block or long test route when regening a DPF but something doesn’t sound right at all. The noise from behind the dash could be the turbo developing a problem or an exhaust gas leak from the DPF clamp which are known for working loose.

Haq79

With regards to the sound where you mentioned it may be the turbo or the clamp, how can this be checked? Moreover, could the rear collision cause the console bushes to split and/or damage the rear drop links? The garage still need to replace my seat belt as it keeps getting stuck so knowing whether these issues I'm facing are related to the accident would help me get the insurance company to repair/replace.

I'm very grateful for your quick response in helping me in this matter 👍. Thank you

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The turbo coupling condition is a bit tricky to test without it being on a lift, one of the first signs can be faint Diesel fumes or even a whiff of smoke when starting or taking up drive with the bonnet open. I forgot to ask if the rear end shunt involved the tailpipe as this certainly could transfer right through to the turbo. There is no way the rear impact could involve the consul bushes or the drop links and failure of both is a very common problem on this platform; we use Powerflex consul bushes as a permanent cure for this problem.