Electronic Parking Brake

jamesn89

I'm having issues with my electronic parking brake, it seems to malfunction in the cold / ice / snow that we've been having in Scotland recently. Seems to start working again when you restart the car and when the temperature is above freezing I've not had any problems.

FYI I have replaced the caliper and hydraulics on one the offside twice, first time was about 4 months ago, last time was about 2 months ago (under warranty) and and it seems to be this one that is at fault again, is there an underlying fault or should I be looking for another garage (although I've been using this garage for years and trust them).

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

jamesn89

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

Thanks, is it best to take it into the garage for that or is there a way of plugging the car into the computer / phone to get any error codes.