Engine Fault Codes 04007 and 04050

bineweed

Hi All,

I have a 2013 Scirocco 1.4 TSI 160PS and the engine has started hunting once warmed up.
I purchased Carista, did a check and the following came back:

Engine:

Navigation:

I'm not too worried about the navigation codes but the engine codes I hope could help me. However I've tried google and cannot find reference to any of the codes. Is there any list I can download to translate manufacturer fault codes into english?
Failing that does anyone know what these codes mean please.

Thanks for your help.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Not a generic scanner.

bineweed

Hi Sorry about not introducing my self properly.
I've had my Scirocco since 2013 it was 3 months old with 1000 miles on it now has 50k. I love the car and despite any shortcomings it does what I need and is fun to drive. Not the most economical but bearable.
I'm new to forums.
The codes are Ross Tech codes who I believe use the same as VAG-COM.
I was going to visit my dealer when I spotted that Carista could provide me with fault codes plus the ability to programme all for £25. However I was expecting more than just codes!
Hence my question re deciphering the codes.
It does seem incredible in these enlightened times we still perpetuate the auto industry's master slave relationship between customer and manufacturer. Their desire to squeeze every last penny out of the relationship is disappointing.

Oh well it seems £25 wasted, lesson learned. You cant beat the system.
Thanks for the information.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
If you retrieved those codes using Ross Tech’s VCDS (what WAS known as VAG-COM before US patent lawyers got greedy), could you post the complete vehicle scan using the # function shown on the far right of the middle button bar shown in advanced reply which puts the scan in between
Code:
 [code] for easier reading.