EOS roof problem - advice appreciated

Fuseman

I suspect this is a common thread on here so apologies if it's already dealt with but I couldn't see it.

I have just bought a 2007 EOS 2.0 turbo sport last week. Beautiful car - only done 32k and no problems for the first few days and few hundred miles.

Today the roof wouldn't go up. I jiggled a few things, slammed the boot firmly and after that it went up. Then I put it down a few hours later and now it won't move.

The windows operate when the switch is activated but no roof - a small relay click is the only thing I can hear happening. If I put the windows up and down a few times with the roof operating switch then the driver's window also stops working although this seems to correct itself after a minute or two if the car is switched off.

This sounds to me like an electrical problem. I was aware of roof problems from various reviews so I checked the operation several times when I bought the car and all seemed well.

As I bought it privately I have no comeback from a garage so I need to sort this out.

All advice appreciated.

berninpool

EOS roof motor and water problem

Hi I have had 2007 EOS 2.0 fsi from new. Check the boot for water or traces of water under the cover. Moisture caused the roof motor at the front of the boot near the bumper to corrode and fail also the ecu. Vw replaced rubber seals on boot and the motor and ecu £2500 !! Still don't know how the water got in Big dispute with VW who are meeting at lot of the cost as goodwill even after 6 years so that's good. Mind you I've had four new GTiS before the EOS. VW dealer service is not very good.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I was in a VW dealership seeing the service manager a few years ago when the EOS came out and he was close to tears over a new EOS roof. I have had a lot in now and the roof's have not been too much trouble as long as the seals are greased with the special VW grease. The most important step is to get the control unit scanned for fault codes BUT unless the system used is VW dedicated, the results may be useless. When I get an issue with them I first of all use VCDS for a quick scan, print, clear and then if I have awkward codes I resort to VAS-PC in Guided Fault finding.

Yolo

Hi I too have a problem with my roof!
Wonder if you can help. Got an Eos. Not used roof since summer. Opened it today and everything was fine till the last 2 flaps wouldn't close (last function before windows go up) I can't afford to go through diagnostics and would like to know what I can do as I've not touched it for 3 months and it was working fine back then. The car has since had a service but they did not check the roof as I had something in the boot which they didn't remove however I had only just used it and it was fine.

S

Splitty13

Hi I too have a problem with my roof!
Wonder if you can help. Got an Eos. Not used roof since summer. Opened it today and everything was fine till the last 2 flaps wouldn't close (last function before windows go up) I can't afford to go through diagnostics and would like to know what I can do as I've not touched it for 3 months and it was working fine back then. The car has since had a service but they did not check the roof as I had something in the boot which they didn't remove however I had only just used it and it was fine.

I did reply to your other thread regarding this.......

There is a known mod for this fault, the cables for the flaps need shortening as they stretch over time causing the roof action to fail

VW should be aware of this and you simply tie a knot in the cord to the affected flaps

Should be a cheap fix

You should remember to service the roof at least annually also as they are notorious for faults, shrinking or dry seals and leaks

S

Splitty13

I suspect this is a common thread on here so apologies if it's already dealt with but I couldn't see it.

I have just bought a 2007 EOS 2.0 turbo sport last week. Beautiful car - only done 32k and no problems for the first few days and few hundred miles.

Today the roof wouldn't go up. I jiggled a few things, slammed the boot firmly and after that it went up. Then I put it down a few hours later and now it won't move.

The windows operate when the switch is activated but no roof - a small relay click is the only thing I can hear happening. If I put the windows up and down a few times with the roof operating switch then the driver's window also stops working although this seems to correct itself after a minute or two if the car is switched off.

This sounds to me like an electrical problem. I was aware of roof problems from various reviews so I checked the operation several times when I bought the car and all seemed well.

As I bought it privately I have no comeback from a garage so I need to sort this out.

All advice appreciated.

There are a few things to check, first, is the cover in the boot seating correctly as the roof will not operate if it is not,also are there any obstructions to the roof mechanism? Do all windows work correctly? if all ok then its a case of checking for water damage in the rear of the boot compartment especially as the motor/pump sits hear in the boot floor, the control unit is on the NS i believe and these can also get wet

The roof is complex and if not looked after then they are notorious for issues, not just VW, all the manufacturers use the Karmann roof for their folding hardtops and almost all have issues if they are not maintained

hughie58

Eos ECU plug

Hi guys,
I've similar problems as above with my daughters car. Auto spark has traced it a plug possibly but can't seem to buy one from VW see pic it's for the fourth one along on the right any one have the no of where to buy one?
image.jpg (86.8 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,038

Didagirl7

Hi I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right place but I just purchased a 2008 VW eos and was told that the top didn’t work but come to find out it did well after driving it opening an closeing the top I can’t get the top to close!! It was just working earlier today but I went to pick my daughter up from school and when I got home to top won’t close!!! Can anyone help me please???

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right place but I just purchased a 2008 VW eos

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Your car spec says 2007 Eos with no engine size or type.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Azhar

Hi I have be EOS 2006 I open my sunroof and after that I close to the roof the roof is close but sun roof is not close After that I can open full roof but roof is not open and motor is voice and screen show measge Convertible operation system error