Exterior door handle Puddle lights stopped working?

Sithmaull

Hi Everyone, just introduced myself on the welcome page but im Tom, i live in Devon and last week i bought my first ever VW. Ive got a 2013 CC gt and i love it compared to what i have been driving for the past few years. I bought the car off my parents as they have retired and no longer need 2 cars but theres one small thing that didnt bother me when i bought it but its beginning to nag me a little. The exterior door handles had lights that came on when you unlocked the car, these have all stopped working at the same time. Now if it was a case of failed leds i would have thought they would fail one by one but they all seemed to just stop one day. Ive looked for a similar thread but cant find any info, also looked through the fuse diagrams and theres nothing about the lights in question. The interior footwell, door handle and trim lights all work fine, inside what are we missing as its beginning to really make us want to fix this. Any advice would be really appreciated on the matter. Many thanks in advance. Tom.

Sithmaull

Thanks that does help, the puddle lights on the wing mirrors work fine and on the inside of the doors when you open them so this is why were confused as to why the exterior door ones have stopped.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted to make sure but there is no such feature as illuminated handles that I can see listed and I certainly have never seen it and worked on many CC's

Sithmaull

thats odd because i remember them working also on the car when he bought them. the car only had one owner before us and it was a reitred gentleman in his 70s so he wouldnt have modified it. Ive done a search and others have bought the illuminated door handles and fitted them to the cc, maybe i'll take the caps off and have a look whats under there, not sure why i didnt think of that before. I'll report back.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I have had a look on ETKA using FI Suggestion as it is known which uses your cars VIN to show what parts are fitted and there is no mention of them, interesting... I like puzzles.

Sithmaull

Well i went to visit my father last night and he said they were 100% working a few months ago, how do you get the little caps off? we tried with a key in the little hold to pry them off but they wobble a bit but cant seemt to get them off? rather keen to have a look underneath and see if theres an led or something in there.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The blanks should pop off. I put the cars details into ELSA the manual but it is all in German for VW so hard going but in the wiring diagram I can find the puddle lights and nothing else and there are no parts on ETKA the parts system that mention illumination.