Faulty electric boot Phaeton

myphaeton

The boot does not open and close by either using the key fob or the boot release button inside the car. when the car is switched off and locked say overnight and you try opening the boot in the morning using the key fob with the car engine switched off , this does occasionally release the locking mechanism although the boot lid still does not fully raise its self . The boot open indicator does however show on the dashboard.

Dkenners

I'm experiencing the very same problem with my 04 plate Phaeton, did you manage to sort your boot lock problem out, and what was the solution?

ahw614

I know this is an old thread but rather than start a new, does anyone have a solution to this problem.

The bootlid on my 2005 W12 LWB is shut and locked and will not open with the badge switch, internal switch or key fob switch.

It also does't open with the key.

Suggestions seem to include destroying the badge to access through the hole that will leave or cut a hole in the boot lid.

Anything less extreme?

Thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Yuk, nasty! firstly I would try output tests in central convenience or central electrics (whichever has it) to directly operate the boot motor which is the same as a Passat and are known for failing.

TootallTV

My teenage son managed to get the boot lid on my Phaeton to close on the strap of his rucksack this morning. First I knew was a boot-open indicator on the dash.

Eventually used the key-in-the-boot-emblem to open the 'jaws' of the lock - which had closed on his bag strap and not on the pin in the car that they're supposed to cling onto... however, neither key remote nor door switch will now open or close the bootlid.

I can unlock it with the key-in-the-boot-emblem, lift it open - slowly - manually and close it, then lock it with the key-in-the-boot-emblem but any hope of remote activation seems to have gone, on day 3 of my ownership. Didn't take him long to disable one of the features he was most excited by when we went to see the car!

There WAS a kind of solenoid noise the first few times I tried to lock/unlock etc - before using the key-in-the-boot-emblem - but now there seems to be silence. Anyone know what fuse I could check, just in case? Or have we managed to burn out something, just by clicking various different buttons.

Can't see how that would happen but electrickery is definitely not my forte...

All suggestions gratefully accepted. Although I can happily drive the car and keep the rain out, having no boot is not a realistic long-term proposition...