Fitting reversing camera

Chrisdavies

Hi,
I have a 61 plate crafter which I've just bought a reversing camera kit for and need to connect it to the reversing switch.
i was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me how difficult this would be and where I could find it please?

many thanks everyone,

chris

GolfRLine

I suppose it will depend on the specifics of the kit you have but wouldn't it be a case of connecting to the reverse light wire behind the lamp?

Critical_Mass

Cant see why it would need to connect to the actual switch.. the reverse light is effectively an on off switch, as its powered when in reverse and not powered when not in reverse.. The monitor should be able to be powered from the reverse light wire same as the camera. Cant hurt to give it go.. it should work. Blue/white wire behind the passenger A pillar.

IF... IF it doesnt work, there's a micro swich under the gearstick gator which is pushed when reverse is selected, you could run it off that.

Chrisdavies

Cant see why it would need to connect to the actual switch.. the reverse light is effectively an on off switch, as its powered when in reverse and not powered when not in reverse.. The monitor should be able to be powered from the reverse light wire same as the camera. Cant hurt to give it go.. it should work. Blue/white wire behind the passenger A pillar.

IF... IF it doesnt work, there's a micro swich under the gearstick gator which is pushed when reverse is selected, you could run it off that.

Thanks very much much for that, I'll give it a try