Gamble - changing Mk.7.5 for Mk.8?

bertj

I'm changing from my excellent 4 year old 7.5 1.4tsi dsg to a 1 year old mk.8 1.5etsi dsg. Am I being stupid ignoring all the (apparent) software problems etc? I'm not buying it from a VW dealer but will get it serviced immediately at my local dealer and , hopefully, get any necessary updates installed.
I'd welcome your comments. Thanks in advance

35mphspeedlimit

I'm changing from my excellent 4 year old 7.5 1.4tsi dsg to a 1 year old mk.8 1.5etsi dsg. Am I being stupid ignoring all the (apparent) software problems etc? I'm not buying it from a VW dealer but will get it serviced immediately at my local dealer and , hopefully, get any necessary updates installed.
I'd welcome your comments. Thanks in advance
Good luck with your purchase. I've ordered a 1.5 eTSI R-Line and hoping most of the software issues will have been ironed out before it comes towards the end of the year. Hard to tell from forums such as this what the true % of of vehicles with such issues really is!

SadClouds

Changing for a brand new MK 8 would be questionable, but changing for a second hand MK 8 that somebody used and abused for 1 year and then decided to get rid of, would be ...

RUM4MO

The trouble is not everyone that trades up to a brand new car is just "binning a dog", though it seems that many smart main dealers will "move on via trade auction" some cars that seem to have become tricky to sort out. Just the luck of the draw even when buying a new car most are okay.

I've got no reason to support the VW Group 1.5TSI engines blindly, but a friend of my wife has a March 2018 Golf 1.5TSI 130PS MAN TRAN, and it was bought used and has never been know to suffer from kangaroo'ng, I have a friend that had a May 2018 T-Roc 1.5TSI 150PS MAN TRAN and had no kangaroo'ng issues - I thought that the issues were more evident/intrusive with MAN TRAN. My friend traded that T-Roc for a May 2019 1.5TSI 150PS DSG and still is happy with it, he felt his wife needed DSG! She knows that she would prefer a blue MAN TRAN than a red DSG though!