UK Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You've already spent almost twice the value of my polo on your gearbox, that's kinda scary! :D

That sounds.. encouraging, if it's just a case of replacing a bolt. I guess I'd have to take the driveshaft off to take a look: pull the bolt out, and if it's snapped then it's snapped, right?

That'd be an amazing result for me if that were the case: I'd be able to sure up the car enough to get it to the garage (one I'm allowed to use the lift and gearbox in, albeit in quite far away) for the price of a bolt. Apart from 5th being a bit hard to get into and easy to slip out of, the car is quite usable. If I can fix the DANGEROUS TO DRIVE bit, it would take some stress off for sure.

·
Administrator
32,499 Posts
I would be surprised if the bolt has snapped or come loose unless it has been removed at some point and not replaced. If it has snapped it will be flush with the diff and virtually impossible to remove with the box built up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a google and it led me back to you when I was looking up this bolt and flange haha

OK so we're talking about #7 here (Is this my 02T GKT box?) has probably snapped, right?
That's kinda what I thought when I reached over the battery and pulled #6 out having watched a Faye Hadley youtube video where she does flange stuff to an 020 gearbox. and#7 is the one with the cap, they sell a special tool for it etc?

Surely a new or ebay-bought reclaimed gearbox would have #6 and #7 still attached?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone sorry to reopen this thread but it’s sort of related to me. I’m currently looking to find a gearbox but it’s hard to find I have a VW polo 1.4 diesel 2009 manual and the codes I have found on the old gearbox is (vw ag 02t301103ac gx2 26 es en 1706-ac-alsi9cu3). I’ve seen some online but people are saying I need to find out if the petrol gearboxes will work on the diesel. Or can anyone send me a link of the part I need.

please help

thanks in advance

·
Administrator
32,499 Posts
What is the VIN? None of those is the code, 02T 301 103 AC is the part number for the main case section and alsi9cu3 is the alloy composition, aluminum silicon copper

21 - 28 of 28 Posts