gearbox/engine lag

richardjames

Anyone had/having a lag driving the latest rendering of the touareg? i.e you put your foot down and nothing appears to happen so you put your foot down a bit further and then whoosh and everyone is pushed back into their seats! I am not being heavy footed (I have a polo GTI+ for that) but being leisurely for comfort sake. The latest software update was meant to address the problem but it seems. in my case. made the situation worse!

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
It is a method of reducing tailpipe emissions which will save the planet, apparently; according to Attenbugger and Grating Turdbuglar...

Here's how to frighten small children

1611572907624.png

Gazwould

Strange thing is it can increase emissions as described in the first post by RJ .

With built in drive by wire throttle plate lag you have to be too positive with the gas pedal to get it going especially out of junctions with an incline or moving on to a roundabout from a stop .

A positive prod to get it moving then suddenly it's too much as the input was too great as the plate plays catch up .

1:1 ratio is perfect of the old drive by cable .

Some drive by wire cars have the delay , some don't and are close to 1:1 , some are too sensitive and are like holding back an Alsatian , a AM V8 Vantage is like that .

richardjames

Update from VW saying a report has gone back to the factory and that no more software update are in the pipeline and any solution could take up to year! So back to the dealership!

Lancs DA

My previous Skoda Kodiaq 190TDI was even worse in terms of the throttle lag followed by kickdown and sudden acceleration. That was partly cured by fitting a Racechip XLR throttle controller which allowed adjustment of throttle response. I'm still considered purchasing one for my Touareg TDI but I'll wait until it's had the software update before deciding.

Lancs DA

There was some discussion on the Skoda Kodiaq forum at the time about which throttle controller was best and most people who had them seemed to favour the Racechip XLR, although I don’t think it is much different to the DTE PedalBox. The XLR unit I had could be fitted and removed in less than 2 minutes with no tools and it tucked in nicely behind the trim. Overall I was quite impressed with it and I sold it on to recoup some of the cost after I exchanged my previous car.