Golf 8 issues

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Mrs C was relived she didn’t program them when she read it in the Sunday mail this morning, she did express a little schadenfreude at her rivals expense as it is what she does for a living but for other supermarkets and warehouses, not Ocardo.

Mike 1959

I’ve got a my 8 gti and the crash sensor warning keeps cutting in and applying the brakes ok when your pulling away but scary at 50 driving through a tunnel, think I’m taking it back tomorrow
Think that's a good call shouldn't be doing that hopefully they can sort it out for you other than that are you happy with the car?

Sciman

Got a golf rline, was fine to begin with as didn't drive much during lockdown, now twice into a dealer awaiting a third visit and one VW technical response visit. Yes the infotainment system needs rebooting with either a slow upstart or map dissapears. The noise when driving is coming from the bushes where it squeaks on low bumps in the road. Thrid issue was and still is engine noise (rattling and grinding), and gears crunching into place, replaced the dual mass fly wheel after 3k miles, but still same issue. Other than that. looks nice and handles fine...:rolleyes:

35mphspeedlimit

Got a golf rline, was fine to begin with as didn't drive much during lockdown, now twice into a dealer awaiting a third visit and one VW technical response visit. Yes the infotainment system needs rebooting with either a slow upstart or map dissapears. The noise when driving is coming from the bushes where it squeaks on low bumps in the road. Thrid issue was and still is engine noise (rattling and grinding), and gears crunching into place, replaced the dual mass fly wheel after 3k miles, but still same issue. Other than that. looks nice and handles fine...:rolleyes:
Hi Sciman

When did you take delivery of your R-Line? Is it a manual or DSG? Haven't heard of the bushes issue for a long time. Had a similar problem on my Mark 1 TT Roadster! Hopefully all gets sorted for you.

Chorleywoodmag

Just started researching golf 8 issues. Had an Rline for 3 weeks. Got the known SOS warning but now the touch screen just says loading settings.
I intend to try a factory reboot to see if that clears the issue. Theses aren't cheap cars !

JamesMk5

Reading all of these issues I feel almost comforted having an older car, knowing there is less to go wrong on it. I just feel bad for all you chaps who are having to use their time with VW and the dealers, to try and resolve an issue they knew was going to happen due to poor production time line management. Hopefully VW will be quick on their feet to resolve these software issues.

Last edited:

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe one day someone will write a book about it like the emissions debacle. I know a few details about what happened and a theory of my own about what could have prevented it.