Golf mk 4 match 2003 gearbox

Markzz2

New member Mark have just test driven a 1.6 golf match 2003 66 000 miles. Car looks good on the outside and inside cabin had nice positive acceleration the one thing worried me was when in forth gear I had my hand on gear stick and when going over bumps the gear shift would move a bit but not come out of gear do mk 4 s do that or could there be a fault feedback would be very much appreciated

druid

New member Mark have just test driven a 1.6 golf match 2003 66 000 miles. Car looks good on the outside and inside cabin had nice positive acceleration the one thing worried me was when in forth gear I had my hand on gear stick and when going over bumps the gear shift would move a bit but not come out of gear do mk 4 s do that or could there be a fault feedback would be very much appreciated
I have a similar car and started having problems selecting gears. Local garage carried out adjustments and all good so although it’s a different problem it might be worthwhile looking underneath for an adjustment if the car is otherwise solid. Appreciate this is an old thread so apologise if it’s all sorted.