Golf plus service

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
With the new on line servicing system on VAG products, if you have an erWin account, "The Digital Service Schedule is available to companies free of charge" https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showDSP.do

When you put the necessary information into the system such as milage and last service info, the system generates a tick sheet list of jobs which you can print out and save as a pdf.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok that's Erwin.

AD shows service schedules but on my only one you can't copy and paste text.

Doesn't he have the service schedule that came with the vehicle?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't he have the service schedule that came with the vehicle?

Yes, but it is vague and genetic covering all vehicles which have that handbook and can cover anything from a 1.0 petrol through a 2L turbo diesel to a 2 litre petrol turbo with four wheel drive so no clarity or any protocol to follow.

CJJE

The service record handbook that came with my 2015 Golf SV is merely a document that records the actions performed at each service, and gives no warning about the required frequency. As Crasher says, it also includes many items that aren't relevant to my car - such as checking the AdBlue etc.

Mine is due for its 5th service next month, and I was intrigued to note that my dealer was advising me to have the brake fluid change. As I understood this to be required every 2 years, I was surprised to see it was needed on the 5th service. But I was told (and my service records confirm) that it is first changed on the 3rd service, and then every 2. Guess they must use super-duper brake fluid in the factory fir a new car?!

Chris

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the brake fluid is 3 years from new and then two but we also do an electronic test, which reminds me I ordered two new testers before Christmas and they have no arrived.