Golf TSI - PLEASE HELP ME - P2293 Fault Code

Graham2013

Hi Guys,

So the past few days have gone past, and I ended up purchasing 2x new fuel pumps (as the first turned up with a broken plug).
HPFP is now fitted, reset and scanned codes (using my cheap OBD Reader), Cleared the code P2293.
Started the car, and BING - Code P2293 Popped again!!! The car is obviously in limp mode still, as it only revs up to 3000rpm

Is there anything else I need to do before this pump should work? Does it need to be reset somehow?
Any other ideas on this would be great as I'm now going out of my mind, and bills are racking up :-(

Thanks in advance,
Graham

lemta

Hope this is of some use...

[h=2]18725/P2293/008851 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction[/h] [h=4]Possible Symptoms[/h]
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
  • Power Loss
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Fuel Pressure too Low
  • Intake Camshaft Failure
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check Measuring Values for Fuel Pressure
  • Check for bent/squeezed Fuel Lines
  • Check Fuel Pressure System for Leaks
  • Check Fuel Filter & Filter in Fuel Pump
  • Check Fuel Quantity supplied by the Fuel Pump
  • Check Pressure Limiting Valve installed on the high pressure fuel rail when applicable
[h=4]Special Notes[/h]
  • When found in 2.0l TFSI:
    • Check Fuel Pressure
      • The P2293 code sets if the difference between specified pressure vs. actual pressure: > +15bar OR < -15bar
    • Rest of World (RoW) check TPI 2014143, the Intake Camshaft might have a worn out Fuel Pump Cam.
    • North American Region (NAR) check TSB 2015153 (01-09-03 > 15-10-01 > 15-10-02), the Intake Camshaft might have a worn out Fuel Pump Cam.
    • North American Region (NAR) check TSB 2018183 (20-08-01) and verify the High Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) Part Number. See this thread for additional information.

Graham2013

Hi Guys,

Today I had a good look at the low pressure fuel pump. I put a fuel pressure gauge just before the HPFP, and when I turn the key to Ignition Position 1 (No Cranking), the Pump primes to 3.8 Bar, which i believe is about 55 Psi, for 2 or 3 seconds, but as soon as the pump goes off, the pressure drops 10 Psi every Second.

Am I right in thinking, as soon as it primes to 3.8 Bar, it should hold for at least a few minutes (If not a lot longer)?

As soon as the pump goes off from Priming, I hear a squelch sort of sound (near to the left hand side of the engine, and I lose pressure.
Where could this be? or am I even right in thinking this isn't normal to lose pressure?

One thing after another with this car, especially as i just put the correct HPFP on the car. (How many problems can a car have at once??!

Winther

Same problem

Hello Did you find a solution for this? I have a similar problem with my 2009 VW Touram BLG.
Also N276, different symptoms though (slow at starting and dies during first start in cold weather unless I keep revolutions at 2000rpm for 5-10 sec)
Also recently had engine change.

Just curious if you find a solution :)

Kwame nash

Hi I have a very similar issue. I have recently changed my 1.4tsi engine, my new engine is an upgraded form of the old. It shows the same code after diagnosis. Can you tell me how you solved it???

loza333

Hi there
I have been experiencing the same issues with my 2007 Golf GT tsi 1.4l twincharged that it has fault code P2293 (Fuel Pressure Regulator) I have took apart the HPFP and inspected the cam Follower and was in good condition I replaced the connector housing plug that connects to the HPFP Valve as thought it was abit loose but still did not fix it, the car will start fine some mornings sounds abit rough but just thought would be because it’s cold, and after warm up will run fine but at least once a day now the car will go into limp mode as soon as it hits 3000revs and as soon as I change gears it will go back to normal but until it hits 3000revs again..... and than will just go back to normal without turning the car off and back on. I have had the car tuned a few months ago and thought possibly that it could be that with the tune it has threw the HPFP out. But after reading about it and problem with very similar issues the problem doesn’t go away after replacing the HPFP, I also replaced the intake manifold flap as that was getting stuck on a while ago, and upgraded the diverter valve when I got the tune
I’m out of options could somone please help me out....

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
That is usually the regulator in the pump, all you can do is fit a new pump

18725 (P2293) - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction​