Has anyone successfully used Volkswagen DataPlug with "proper" OBD software?

John with a Passat

Has anyone successfully used Volkswagen DataPlug with "proper" OBD software?

Hullo. Has anyone managed to get something like "Torque", or anything else that can provide fault code reporting, working with a VW DataPlug?

Andru

There is only one good DIY scanner VAG-COM\VCDS. As all others are generic which give false results.

New here in the last few days, is this easy to use and where could I get it from?

Are there any tutorials to use this?

Thanks

John with a Passat

New here in the last few days, is this easy to use and where could I get it from?

Are there any tutorials to use this?

Thanks

I was really tempted to be naughty and do but I had an attack of conscience, relented and did THIS instead :p

I also discovered however Caveat Emptor. I dont know anything about them.

That should also give you enough info to find tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator:

SadClouds

I have no prior experience with these tools, but I have just ordered VCDS Hex-V2 3VIN from Ilexa, who seem to be one of the official distributors in the UK:
https://www.ilexa.co.uk/shop/VCDS-VAG-COM

I'll be doing minor servicing myself, like changing fuel filter, etc. Found out on this forum that you need to prime the high pressure fuel pump and the only way to do it is to use something like VCDS.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Ilexa are a very good company, they used to have an excellent forum that had a heavy diagnostic tool leaning and was often used by professional aftermarket users where DIY users could get help, but it was destroyed by spammers and they closed it.

Surfeit

Hello.

Rather than open a new thread I'm hoping someone can pick up on my question in this reply.

By 2006 B6 (234k miles) Engine stopped whilst I was driving up a very long hill. Won't start. Suspect air in the fuel system or injectors.
I have now bought. Passet B8 (2016).

Before I dispose of my B6 I would like to diagnose the faults (if any exist) and attempt a repair. And I want to maintain my B8.

I've approached Ilexa for some advice but interested if anyone in this forum can offer some advice and experience.

EDIT: I see that I can download VCDSLite but will this allow me to cycle the lift pump and prime the fuel system and HPDP? Can anyone advise which cable interface I should buy and/or if a wireless one will be any use?

Thank you kindly.

Last edited: