Headlights question

Navft

Hi have just got myself a 20 plate touran R-Line with the 1.5 tsi evo engine

Previously had a seat ateca for 3 years with the same engine but needed a 7 seater now

Love the r-line package..BUT..it has the standard halogen headlights.

Are the headlights and rear lights the same as a mk7 golf?? Or are they different.

Thanks in advance

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
No, they are different. Personally I hate HID lights and I am undecided about LED. You could convert to the OE LED system but it would be a fearsomely expensive conversion as it requires the self levelling sensors and headlight wash; just one headlight assembly with modules is £1116.

Navft

Damn..i am actually in the LED business myself so i will just add some LED bulbs etc in. I will change the indicators in the mirrors too..to the dynamic ones.

Will create a post to help some guys out as cant see any how to etc on this car yet.

What about the front and rear badges are they different too?? As i have some for a mk7 golf in black.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
As of May this year, the MOT was revised to specifically outlaw LED bulbs being fitted to headlights designed for incandescent bulbs. Unless you fit load resistors or recode the Body Control Module, it will detect the LED bulbs, shut the circuit down and bring on a dash warning

Navft

As of May this year, the MOT was revised to specifically outlaw LED bulbs being fitted to headlights designed for incandescent bulbs. Unless you fit load resistors or recode the Body Control Module, it will detect the LED bulbs, shut the circuit down and bring on a dash warning
The error is not an issue. As i said i am in the vehicle LED business. The kits i have are error free and have a straight beam. Will get it checked out once all fitted tho to makesure it aint scattered everywhere..otherwise some halogen philip bulbs will have to do.

The seat ateca i had had full LED headlights so i can be dealing with these candles in the touran. I would have thought being an r line it would have the upgraded headlights. Maybe it was another optional extra to squeeze money out of customers as usual by vw.

dj_ek

See my post on headlight bulbs for upgrading the standard ones for uprated halogens. They were terrible and are now good.

I have upgraded to dynamic wing mirror indicator repeaters also and am happy with those.

Navft

See my post on headlight bulbs for upgrading the standard ones for uprated halogens. They were terrible and are now good.

I have upgraded to dynamic wing mirror indicator repeaters also and am happy with those.
Yup saw that mate. Im going to put LED bulbs in tho. Iv been spoilt by them on my last car lol