infotainment system help

Diana1

Hi guys,
I've just bought a second hand 2020 T cross 1.0 TSI (95ps) S Hatchback. I drove it home from the VW dealer this evening. I have been told it has android auto (and indeed it specifies it on autotrader) It may well be that I am just being dim, but there are no options on the infotainment system to use it. The menu just brings up the same connection options I had with my VW UP!

This car comes with​

• Exterior Features
  • Metallic paint
  • Safety
  • Front and rear parking sensor with ultrasonic
  • audible with audio volume reduction when activated and optical parking display via vehicle audio system
  • Black door mirrors
  • Audio / Communications
  • Wireless Car net app connect with Apple CarPlay
  • combined functionality of Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and MirrorLink

car screen.jpg

Am I missing something? If I connect my phone with the cable, it is fine for calls and music. But no android auto option. If its just not there, it it possible to get some sore of an upgrade to the infotainment system.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Pr codes describe the specification of up to hundreds of different areas of a cars individual build specs. It was built with

Pr-9WC Without "Multimedia" in vehicle

Pr-NZ2 Pan-European emergency call service

Pr-YOI VW Connect

Pr-ZEB Radio "Composition Media" incl. Pr-8ZH antenna for AM/FM reception, "diversity"

Pr-EL0 Without online service

Pr-I8F Standard radio (Gen2 GP)

Pr-QV3 Digital radioempfang

Pr-9ZV Comfort telephony, without antenna connection

There is no mention of iOS or Android compatibly, the people selling the car have made a mistake in the spec.

Diana1

Ok . Thank you.
I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew it didnt have it and couldn't get it.
Sat nav by my phone is a bit old and tired and also awkward as the vents are in weird spots to attach a holder to.
Apart from that I quite like it as it's a step up from my VW up!
If they can fit it I'd be happy.

Diana1

The dealer has just phoned and apparently it cant be retrofitted as it doesn't have the right bits already there.(im very technical, clearly). So the choice is get a new system with Sat nav for about £1200 or do a 30 day exchange . Hes apologised. (They offered £250 as a goodwill gesture to end it now but I said no) Shame really as it has only done 10k miles and was a good price 1770 or so. Hes going to see what's out there . I'm v disappointed.

nivek62

My 2019 T.Cross has android auto, I vaguely remember paying extra for it when I purchased the car. When you press the media button it gives you the choice of android auto or mirror link. So it definitely is do able. See attached photo.

Attachments

• 20211217_184937.jpg
    20211217_184937.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 2