Infotainment upgrade & one-touch roof operation

domv95

Hi everyone, I’m new here!

I’ve just bought a 2014 VW Beetle Convertible and there are two modifications that I would like to do to the car and I have a few questions:

• 1. One-touch & key fob roof operation
  • https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/pr...lkswagen-convertible-remote-roof-open-module/

• My Beetle was imported from the US and the 2014 keyless entry versions there came with two extra ways of opening the roof: 1. Through the key fob by holding it while you’re near the car to open 2. Pressing on the keyless entry door handle spot and holding it to close the roof:

• This piece of kit in the first link is what I want however, because then I can open and close the roof from the key fob at any distance (rather than having to be right by the car), and also because then the roof operation from inside the car becomes one-touch instead of having to hold the open-roof button whilst driving for example.

• Will this piece of kit work considering how my car is fitted with let’s say a similar feature, as compared to other convertible New Beetles which do not have this key fob and door handle touch roof operation?

• 2. Infotainment system upgrade

• My car is currently fitted with this type of an infotainment system: https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/w...15-Volkswagen-Beetle-Infotainment-610x407.jpg

• I want to upgrade to a one that support Android Auto (NOT interested in Apple CarPlay) and there is a very detailed video about this, specifically at 05:41 time stamp:

• However, having found this specific radio online, it says that it doesn’t support one type of reversing cameras (RGB vs AV) and some say that they don’t support the Fender sound system, which my car has. Any suggestions on which radio to get?
Thank you in advance!

Dom

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
You already know more about it than I do, I tend to avoid retro fits and hifi on customers cars as the labour involved scares people off.