Just a couple of question's - start stop feature and Eco mode

Zoton

Start stop - hate it. Surly increases wear and tear on the engine / starter motor . Need to turn it off every time i get in the thing. any way round permanently disabling it or stay clear and just switch it off every time.

Eco Mode: the coasting , does the clutch engage whilst it does this-, Is this another high wear item ?

Why am I bothered about wear, well it's going to be a long term relationship with the Alltrack, absolutely love the thing.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure on Passat Alltrack. Where I used to work one of the guys bought a new Audi A3 I asked him if it had stop/start he said yes but he turned that crap system off in the settings.

beemerboy9

It can be turned off with VCDS.

The stop-start will not trigger in very cold temperatures. You can tell the system that a very cold temperature is 50 deg Celsius, so that it will never come on in the UK.

A VW dealer will not do this for you, because the vehicle would then not comply with the CO2 emissions value as homologated.

Gazwould

Sometimes there's a connector that can be disconnected for the SS on the negative battery terminal .