MFD Fuel Consumption

rydalong

The MFD on our Apr12 1.6 Deisel Golf Plus is showing a constant fuel consumption of 53.8mpg. The display does not change, irrespective of running time, speed and gear. According to the owner's manual: ". . If the journey is interrupted for more tham 2 hours, the memory is automatically deleted . . . ". This is not happening. :(

Is anybody please able to suggest a possible solution? Thank you.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can only tell you what happens on mine.

It will depend which fuel con memory your showing. In the top right corner of the MFD there should be either a 1 or 2. Memory 1 you loose the data after its been switched off for 2 hours or more. Memory 2 always shows the average fuel con since it was last reset.

If you have a Multi Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) then press the OK button to change between memory 1 and memory 2. To reset either memory just hold the OK button for a couple of seconds and it will show --- until it recalculates. If you don't have a MFSW use the extra switches on the wiper stalk. The handbook should explain these options.

pirmas

I wonder why my MFD average fuel con. resets automatically after every switch off? And on MFD display it is under number 1. Actual consumption is without any number. Any ideas why?

Last edited: