Navigation Maps update error

Krycek

I have the VW Navigation AS (Europe V3) SD Card, I last did an update on 25.7.2019 to version 5NA.919.866.AG 1310 ECE AS 2020 which went through fine.

Tried to do an update today to 5NA.919.866.BK 1730 ECE AS 2022, the installer gets to 97% then gives an error

Error during extraction of archive file - An error ocured during reading or saving the file into the specified folder

Now when I try the update again it say I already have the current version so I tried the Nav but I get an error

Is it best to wipe the SD and reinstall or will that totally screw it up?

Attachments

• IMG-0557.jpg
    IMG-0557.jpg
    791.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-0556.jpg
    IMG-0556.jpg
    823.7 KB · Views: 12

westhillman

I assume that it is the Discover Media system you have. If so, It could be a problem with the latest full European map being too large for the VW SD card. You could try downloading one of the smaller area maps and see if that is accepted.

Krycek

Yes it is the Discover Media system. I just opened the Discover Care application and it automatically found the latest maps, I couldn't see an option to download anything else. I have emailed my local dealer for assistance anyway

Krycek

I purchased a 64gb SD Card and formatted as FAT32 then tried manually moving the files as suggested but still get an error saying "Please insert a data medium with valid navigation data". I get the same when using the Discover Care app

For reference the installed files are called Mib1,Mib2 and metadata

I've also emailed the we connect support team to see what they say

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

westhillman

Yes, I have other suggestions ! The SD card must be a VW card, you cannot use any old SD card. Your original 15gb card that came with the car should be ample, so long as you choose one of the smaller section European maps. The SD card must be cleared of all previous data before you start the map download.
I assume you extracted the data that was downloaded off the internet, because that arrives in compressed form which your car wouldn't recognise. You need 7-zip software for that, which your computer may already have.
Hope there are some useful pointers there, good luck !

Krycek

Yes the data was extracted first before copying

You mention that I cannot use any SD Card but the Discover Care App gives two options

1. Update for systems with original VW SD Card
2. Update for systems without VW SD Card

You mention to choose one of the smaller European maps but after choosing my car and year I can only find 1 big one at 27gb, where are these smaller maps?

westhillman

The Discover Pro version can accept any SD card but the Discover Media setup can only use VW cards. Don't know where you are finding a map that is 27GB. If you follow my previous link to the maps site and chose Golf then Golf from 2015 then Discover Media after which you will see several maps. Europe Bundle 1 is about 15gb in size, and Bundle 2, which I use, is only about 6.5gb in size.

Krycek

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got it updated now with the original 16gb SD CARD and the smaller map at 6.7gb

d3v

Hi, I have exactly same problem. Only problem is that there is no smaller version with my country (Poland). Please advise what can be done in that case?

westhillman

The VW map update page is currently not working, so I cannot check which maps contain which countries.

However, if you cannot find a smaller map with Poland on it, you can always get a bigger SD card from your VW dealer and then download the full European map.

d3v

By "get a bigger SD" you mean buy ;)? I found a solution on some other forum which is this:
1. Download the map 7z file manually without using wincare software
2. Uzip it to hardisk
3. Delete the folders inside maps/00/sds/, all except for the language you want to use
4. Now copy maps folder to the card. It will fit the card now, but of course you won't have other languages